[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder
Tue May 31 19:05:36 UTC 2005

I've been watching this thread over the last few days.  People are debating
the safety of the stock maps with 02 faulty but no one has mentioned that
the engine in question is no longer stock.  Marcello mentioned that his
friend "only made a few changes" (eye-roll) meaning to me that probably the
friend put together a parts combination far from stock.  Most likely higher
compression and a more aggressive cam.  Those two possibilities alone
probably would make the stock maps irrelevant or at least "not safe".
Considering how much $$ most people typically throw at a motor when they
"make a few changes" I would proceed slowly and work to develop new maps.  I
think Marcello realizes this and hopes his friend will keep his foot out of
it until he gets home to work at the problem logically.

My experience is with Ford EEC's.  I know when I "made a few changes" the
EEC was totally confused because my parts changes had taken the range of
operation well beyond the stock limits of compensation.

Good discussion.

Dan Nicoson