[Diy_efi] oil press.

Ian Molton spyro
Wed Nov 16 01:18:09 UTC 2005

Lee M. Lemoine wrote:
> Are you losing a lot of oil out the exhaust?    That'll be your first
> indicator, just keep an eye on the rearview.   A little oil makes a lot
> of smoke, trust me...

True for a petrol, although being a diesel, it tends to just burn it ;-)

Overall the engines not burning oil too badly, considering I bought it
for 100 notes. theres a faint smell, but no great clouds or anything.

Whats puzzling me more at the moment is why its running fast at idle.
The throttles at minimum, right on the endstop, and after a start it
idles at the right speed (~900 rpm). a couple minutes later, though, and
tis idling at ~1200 rpm. the vacuum actuators on the IP arent the cause,
they arent doing anything at idle anyhow.

Anyhow, this is now wildly off topic for this list, so I'll shut up now :)