[Diy_efi] More Analog diagnosis - Summary

Joe B boucherj
Thu Oct 13 18:42:44 UTC 2005

Allow me to collectively answer all the answers.

My limited electrical knowledge (I'm a mech engineer)
lead me to the thought of a mis-match of the
resistance values.  The resistance of
what-I-thought-was-an-LED-light was around 20 ohms
while the frozen shut injectors measure at 2.6.  All
four of the injectors, exactly.  I thought a lower
resistance would lead to a higher current draw, so the
lights wouldn't goof things up that bad.  I also
detected the dropping voltage with a high impedance,
digital volt meter without any load on the injector
leads.

I attached the system to a piece of partical board so
I could easily plop the board next to my Camaro and
hook it up.  I am using the needed signals from the
car to test the unit.  So all required signals into
the unit to function are there.

I am missing the temp sensor so I hooked up a resistor
to the unit.  I can't remember what the value is but
according to the web site of the parts supplier, it is
probably low temp, so the unit is in cold start mode.

I'll try a resistance more in the 200 degree temp
range and see if I can rig up LED's in the proper
resistance range instead of injectors.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.