[Diy_efi] info

Mike niche
Sun Oct 30 04:17:42 UTC 2005

At 11:22 AM 10/30/05, you wrote:
> Best solvent to remove other things is Isopropyl alcohol (Isopropanol),
>> let dry normally - dont use compressed air, there is potential for
>> localised static damage,
>
>Dries pretty quickly if you hold a match to it. :-)

True, my 10year old used a 35mm film can to use to start the wood
fire, suffice it to say, he took a while to decide to light it and when
he did he singed his arm air up to his biceps,
that stuff is great for cleaning but *yes* pretty volatile...!
Fortunately there wasnt near enough to spray fluid, and its flash
seemed worse than its fire ;)

>P.S. Don't let the isoprop. get onto any thermal printouts (e.g.
>cash receipt dockets).

ooohh yeah, and I heard some people use it for 'adjusting' cheques

Going back to my big end bearings, changing them with block still
in car is an interesting experience on the neck and upper back muscles,
got them matched but worried about torque to turn crank over since
I torque the odd 26 bolts (bigend+crank) to the high end of the range.

rgds

Mike