[Diy_efi] info

Mike niche
Mon Oct 31 03:46:12 UTC 2005

At 12:17 PM 10/30/05, I wrote:
>Going back to my big end bearings, changing them with block still
>in car is an interesting experience on the neck and upper back muscles,
>got them matched but worried about torque to turn crank over since
>I torque the odd 26 bolts (bigend+crank) to the high end of the range.

Funny, my post was missing a para... It should have closed thus:-

Found two big ends that when torqued 4ft-lbs lower the turning
current on the starter (no plugs) went from 348A down to 180Amps,
so thats where I left it - anyone know what is a reasonable range
of turning torques (ie currents) on a 6cyl engine ?