[Diy_efi] cranking torque

Phil Lamovie phil
Mon Oct 31 10:47:31 UTC 2005

Mike,

The 180 amps that you are seeing is the upper end of what
you would expect with the plugs in.

The 348 was a sure sign of over tight. Did you by any chance
check your bearing crush before you went with the loose bolt
solution?

Or for that matter what precipitated your desire to change
bearings in the first instance.

As for your oil less cranking a sure sign that rtfm was not
employed. Oil pumps are not air pumps. they rely on a quite
viscous liquid to seal the gaps b/w the rotors and the housing
so the best method uses  good old vaseline in the pump to act
as the sealant until the oil arrives.

Oh and completely off topic... I was pleasantly surprised to see
one of your fuse holders on a VL that I was dynoing the other day.

Shame you don't supply unstickable pressure regs as well; this
on hit 105 psi with all std bits.  It's the extra punishment for
taking too long on a project. Rusted up regulators.

HTH

Phil