[Diy_efi] Ignition leads

Bill Washington bill.washington
Tue Sep 13 00:16:19 UTC 2005

Gents,
	I use exclusively a type of ignition lead which has no series resistors, is
inherently suppressed (by design), is very flexible and long lived....
	The construction is a single very fine copper wire wound on an insulating core,
and then externally insulated with a silicone sheath.
	Yes, because it is in effect a very long fine wire it will have series
resistance, but more importantly, being a long coil it largely constrains the
magnetic field close to and along the cable, thus minimising radio frequency
interference.
	The extreme flexibility causes very little stress to the wire because even
sharp bends cause only a slight twisting of the fine wire conductor - thus
confering a long life.

	I have found two sources for good versions of this cable:
Magnecor...... <http://www.magnecor.com/>
and
Bougicord......<http://www.bougicord.com/>

Using this type of Ignition cable I have had no problems with any ignition
system (kettering, CDI, Electronic) or plug type (conventional, copper,
platinium, iridium), mind you I have not tried all possible combinations of
ignition system type/plug type.....

Regards
Bill