[Diy_efi] newbie - rom tuning questions

Aaron Bunch nitrusmr2
Tue Sep 13 01:28:07 UTC 2005

Hi. I am a newbie here (again). I joined a few years
ago when I was looking for a bosch O2 sensor. Sorry I
never contributed much to the list.

So here I am again, looking for help. I have Techtom's
rom tuning software (called Mighty Map). Basically its
is a powerful Hex decimal editor program that allows
me to (sorta) easily make sense of the 8000 whatever
lines of code that make up a rom for a Toyota.

Techtom makes a daughterboard or Rom Board that
installed where the OEM 64 pin CPU/rom chip went. The
rom board houses the original CPU/rom a 27C256 E-prom
and a sort of logic gate (I have almost no background
in this stuff) that works like a change of address
form for the data coming and going out of the oem
CPU/rom. The logic gate (also called a scramble chip)
makes the ECU look onfor the programable E-prom
fuel/timing maos as well ar rev limit, boost cut, etc.

Anyway, that is all well and good but what is lacking
is a map trace function that would allow me to see in
real time exactly what cell the ECU is using to run
the car. So far I have been very successful tuning by
trial and error..but I am running into several road
blocks that would easilty be fixed by a map trace
feature (I think).

I already have a Transtronics/Xtronics Romulator (same
one used by Hondata) that I know is capable of having
a map trace function...but I don't have software..or
know antone who could help me create something.

So where should I look next?

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron Bunch    ATS Racing    http://www.atsracing.net
91 2.2 T67 Motec turbo MR2 - 490 rwhp @ 29psi
93 SMG turbo MR2 274 rwhp @ 18.5 psi spare car
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition (tow vehicle)

"Just because you have the money to buy one, doesn't mean
you have the skill to drive one."  Steve Neese

Yahoo! for Good