Thanks and a bit abotu me. Was:Re: [Diy_efi] TBI or TPI?

Ian Molton spyro
Wed Sep 14 22:09:55 UTC 2005

Ashley Evans wrote:

> Ah, I always knew there was another UKer lurking somewhere.  I see
> you're an f2s user also.  Are you on an easynet llu exchange?  If so how
> do you find the higher upstream?  It seems very cheap. Any contention
> problems?

Never had contention issues. Im not sure how to tell whos LLU Im using
though - dont know much about the stuff on ATM side of the DSL modem
here... Im seriously considering their 8mbit service... (incidentally,
mnementh runs on the end of that DSL line so you can judge for yourself
:-) - I have a 512/256 connection.

> Maybe I can hook up a high speed dac/adc and run my ems on an eSeries
> then ;-)

I'll let you know when I've done it :)

Seriously - I dont think its IO would be good enough latency-wise.

what Im going to do is build an EMU using an EZ-USB uC and hook it up to
my in-car PC (as yet unbuilt). the uC would habdle anything timing
critical, and could be hard-coded in assembler for speed.

 > Seriously though it's nice to see at least one more Linuxer on
> here.

It certainyl felt odd not to see linux on something like this list...

 > It certainly fits in with the diyefi thing.

Yup.

> So what brings you to this list?

http://www.mnementh.co.uk/carpc/

probably answers a lot of that. any questions, just ask :-)