[Bulk] Re: [Diy_efi] boat fuel pump

Jason M. galaxiecustom500
Thu Apr 6 16:24:58 UTC 2006

There is an adjustable pressure regulator for this carried by most advance
auto parts/autozones in with the holley/edelbrock/mr gasket carburetor parts
section.  There are also a couple of inline pumps but I'm not sure they will
go up to ~12 psi.

Don't know the fuel system design or the needs for corrosion resistance
(salt water) but I was thinking a TBI automotive pump too.  Something from
the mid to late 80's/early 90's gm will handle the pressure but would need
mounted in the tank.  Ford had some pumps mounted on the frame rail
externally, such as some dual tank trucks and the midsize Ford LTD/ Mercury
Marquis.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee M. Lemoine" <llemoine at gmail.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:01 PM
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Diy_efi] boat fuel pump

The best thing i can think of is a TBI fuel pump -- if i remember right the
older GM cars TBI ran on approx 12 PSI, whereas the MPFI cars ran on 42 psi
(had to swap quite a few fuel pumps doing 4 cylinder TBI  to V6 MPFI
conversions)...   Maybe you could source a cavalier fuel pump for a 4
cylinder 1990's era ('88-94 would be the year) and then make some sort of
pressure regulator or return rail?   Just a thought.  there may be
adjustable FPR's out there that are specific to carbeuration levels for
electronic fuel pump needs.

On 4/6/06, Steve Ravet <Steve.Ravet at arm.com> wrote:

> [...]

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine
http://www.turbochargedsoul.com/
'06 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - 250/250 AWD 5EAT
'93 Chevy Cavalier Z24 Convertible - 300/330 FWD 5MT (Mclaren Turbo!)