[Diy_efi] boat fuel pump

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Apr 6 16:32:47 UTC 2006

I have found there are 3 mercruiser electric fuel pumps.  2 low pressure
used with carbs, and 1 high pressure used with all EFI (TBI and MPI).
The EFI pump is discontinued.  From the parts diagrams it doesn't look
like the carb pumps were used with regulators so I doubt they'll do 15
psi for EFI.  One www page specified that the EFI pump doesn't have
threads on the inlet fitting.  It must be a friction fit onto the fuel
cooler, which is probably why it's only sold preassembled now.  Looks
like a dead end with mercruiser parts unless I spring for the
pump/cooler assembly.

I took another look at David Allen's boat EFI page, he used an inline
Ford pump.  Is there any safety reason to not use an automotive fuel
pump instead of a marine pump?

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.