[Diy_efi] boat fuel pump

d at davidhunt.net d
Thu Apr 6 18:01:02 UTC 2006

If we have any fuel pump mfgs as lurkers you should note that we need pumps
that are less expensive and more versatile.....please

dh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ulmer, James D - Denver, CO" <james.d.ulmer at usps.gov>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:07 PM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] boat fuel pump

Pumps for boat applications have to be rated for marine use. If you
happen to get inspected and don't have rated parts, you'll get a ticket
and be taken off the water. It should be no big deal to get a 15psi
marine pump and a regulator to use it with a carb for the time being.
Spend the money once for a good pump and you'll be that far ahead when
you convert. Remember, we are talking TBI here, not MPEFI with its 80
psi pumps.

Big Jim

On