[Diy_efi] Zinc and o2 sensors

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Fri Feb 3 19:09:09 UTC 2006

Here in Sweden, it is often said that as far as a gas engine does not
have abnormal oil consumption (i.e. below 1 % of the fuel consumption),
then you can use just about any oil without fearing damage to the O2
sensor or cat. But in case of higher oil consumption, one should avoid
mineral oils and diesel classified oils. It is then better to use a
cheap synthetic or semi-synthetic oil. Anyway, an engine with high oil
consumption will usually not pass the annual emissions inspection, the
HC contents will be too high.

/Torbj?rn Forsman