[Diy_efi] EFI lift pumps to swirl pot?

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Fri Feb 17 18:02:06 UTC 2006

With a 225 L/h pump in the tank, (which i can only assume is high pressure)
what is the purpose of the pot?   I'd think that any TBI fuel pump could
fill up a reservoir tank (which if i am correct, a swirl-pot is)....  and
then put a high pressure fuel pump in there...

Just confused as to the 'need' for one.

On 2/17/06, Chris Wilson <chris at chriswilson.tv> wrote:

>   17/02/2006 13:10
>
> No, the lift pump feeds the pot, and the high pressure pumps are fed BY
> the pot, and in turn feed the rail, at say 36 PSI, the none pressurised
> return flow goes to the main tank or the swirl pot, so unless you
> restrict the return from the pot to the tank (which some do, slightly)
> the pot is under no pressure. Thanks for the feedback.
>
> --
>        Best Regards,
>                    Chris Wilson.

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine
http://www.turbochargedsoul.com/
'06 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - 250/250 AWD 5EAT
'93 Chevy Cavalier Z24 Convertible - 300/330 FWD 5MT (Mclaren Turbo!)