[Diy_efi] Audi idle issue

Ernest Buckler ebuckler
Tue Feb 28 01:12:21 UTC 2006

Subject: [Diy_efi] Audi idle issue

>  Using a helper to press down the airflow meter flap to keep the engine
> idling, fog each area listening for the engine speed to increase. Be
mindful
> of the distributor and other areas that could ignite the propane.
>   Why did you need to adjust the CO adjustment?

David,
Maybe some basics: Can you tell me what moves when I turn the "CO" adjusment
screw?  Which way do I turn it to get a Rich mixture, for example?   Because
I think I'm just very lean now, as it won't sputter or cough, nothing.
It's an 'air flap', so by turning the screw to the right, am I opening the
flap to allow more air?   (On old carbs, it was just a matter of screwing
the adjuster in all the way and backing it out two turns, for example, to
get a workable base-line setting.)

I suppose I could also be seeing a failure of the idle control in the
driver's side electronics panel, or a failure of the warm-up regulator, but
the fact that it ran great before all this, gives me hope that I'm not
dealing with a multiples coincidental failure.
Ernie