[Diy_efi] LInk engine management user

Remy Sabale remy.sabale
Mon Jan 16 15:56:42 UTC 2006

Hi Tim,
  I'm located outside the US and here at the Philippines. I'm planning
to upgrade to V4 only. Along as I can tune it to my PC, it's is fine for
me.
Can I buy an upgraded chips( 52 Pin PLCC) from you?

Regards,
Remy

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Van Setten, Tim @ ACSSD
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 9:47 PM
To: 'diy_efi at diy-efi.org'
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] LInk engine management user

If you are in the USA, the LINK distributor that has these is Richard at
Off
Road Buggy Supply.  His free phone number is 800-231-8156.
Outside the USA, I guess you'll have to deal with LINK in NZ.

I know the older units can be upgraded to the version 4 with just a chip
change.  The version 5 needs the xtal and a few other parts changed as
it
uses a faster chip.  Also, the version 5 has an additional 4-Pin
connector
next to the data port that has extra features.

I guess you could upgrade an early unit to a version 5, but there is no
way
to get the extra features because the circuitry is not there to support
it.

Hope this helps.....Tim.