[Diy_efi] LInk engine management user

Van Setten, Tim @ ACSSD tim.van.setten
Mon Jan 16 16:25:50 UTC 2006

Hi Remy,

No because I am not a LINK distributor, but I have worked with Richard at
the shop with all the different LINK products, so that is how I know about
this.

All I can suggest is that you contact him and see if you can set something
up.  After all, the chip can be mailed in a regular envelope.
You will need the tool to pull the 52 Pin PLCC chip out of the socket, and
make sure you get pin 1 back in the correct position.

Then all you need is a "Serial LINK" to communicate with your PC or laptop.
You can get that from him at the same time.  The program for the PC is a
free download from LINK's web site (PC LINK V2.5).

If you do this, you might want to use the hand programmer and extract your
current fuel and ignition map.  Since it will be in percents, they have a
conversion table as you will have to convert it to absolute numbers (0 -
255).  Then you can reload your map using the PC.

They (LINK) have the manuals on the web site also for downloads.  You will
want the LEM4 one.  It is in an Adobe pdf format.

I suggest that you download the manuals (LEM4 and the PC Tuning one), and
then read them and make sure that all of this will work for what you want to
do.
If it is, then see if you can set something up.

If you need more help, just ask.....Tim.