[Diy_efi] [ot] Alternator integrated with power steering pump ?

Bernd Felsche bernie
Tue Jul 25 01:28:43 UTC 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 22:33, Mike wrote:
> At 09:23 PM 7/24/06, you wrote:

> >I'm curious what you guys might recommend as an alternator
> >with an integrated power steering pump which has a 12v output
> >of 80 to 120Amps ?

> Anyone have any comments on upgrading this with winding changes or
> whatever to get a few more amps etc ?

Why does it have to be integrated?

Especially a power steering pump; which has to have characteristics
to match other power steering elements in the car?

The power steering and alternator in my company car are
"integrated"; it's electrical steering assistance with a huge
(120A IIRC) alternator. That's obviously to keep the battery charged
as the diesel injectors appear to draw quite a lot of current.

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.