[Diy_efi] Tiny injectors and fuel pump?

Keith Varin keithvarin
Wed Jun 14 20:49:36 UTC 2006

Nathanael,
  Try looking into the "cold start injectors" commonly found in Saab
vehicles. It is commonplace for those of us who tune with limited
aftermarket parts to use these as a way to add just a little bit more fuel
to a higher boost vehicle. Also, a fuel pump from an older carburated car
may work for you as an inline pump, however your difficulty will be in
setting up a pressure regulation system to set the proper fuel pre-load into
the injector, once youve got that all planned out, you should be all set.

Keith

On 6/13/06, nathanael portelli <silent_thunder888 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I'm planning to build an EFI system for a small 72cc 4-stroke engine. I've
> already designed most of the system, and I have or can obtain all that I
> need . . . . or nearly . . .
>
> I dont know where to get siutably small injectors and a fuel pump!!! Does
> any of you have the least idea how I can obtain some? The only source I can
> imagine is the european [PGM-FI version] of the Honda Zoomer/Ruckus, but
> it's not for sale in my country, so I cant get them from spares [btu i think
> they would be great because they are for similarly sized engines and have
> good atomization].
>
> Thanks for any help or ideas!

Keith Varin