[Diy_efi] Jetronic - RFI

Ian Molton spyro
Mon Mar 6 12:01:15 UTC 2006

Lee M. Lemoine wrote:
> The unit that i have is a combination valve unit, master cylinder, and
> proportioner.    No, not all the time, but when the motor is running it
> will draw enough to make your headlights dim ;)

Ok, so implementing ABS actually looks to be relatively simple.

Where are the gotchas ?

Things Im thinking of include:

1) Will non ABS disc brakes put up with being pulsed like ABS ones?
2) Evidently the 'path of least resistance' method for my install would
be a system where the pump and valve were a single unit, but fed from a
seperate master cylinder. The question this leads me to is one of
pressures. Do most small car brake systems use pressures within a
reasonably similar range, or am I going to be hunting down parts with
particular specs? furthermore, is it possible to adjust things like
proportioning on ABS setups, or is it hardwired in the ABS computer ?