[Diy_efi] Closed loop fuel and Cats ...

urq urq
Wed Mar 8 06:16:36 UTC 2006

... I'll bet if you look long and hard enough you can find at least one of
every possible combination ...

My 1978 Audi Fox had straight K-Jetronic (no lambda) and a cat.  Since it
was a California car it had EGR ... but that was it ... i.e. no OXS feedback
That was my first new car, and when compared to its contemporaries was
extremely simple.  Just about every other car I looked at had a carburetor
and enough plumbing to make you think it was cracking its own fuel!  The
other thing that was surprising was to see how much better a "little" 1.6
liter engine could do compared to the others with their larger chemical
plants.

I know the '79 Audi Fox was identical to my car, but I'm pretty sure that
when they went to the "80" model in the USA in 1980 that it had lamba
feedback ...

Steve B
San Jose, CA (USA)