[Diy_efi] Ignition retard

James Seabolt turbofiat
Mon Mar 13 22:05:42 UTC 2006

Is anybody aware of a DIY ignition retard system I could build?

There may be more to it that meets the eye but I'm thinking it's possible
to install a device between the negative pole on the ignition coil and
control module and use a 555 timer chip circuit to delay the time it takes
the ignition coil to collapse creating a retard effect. In order to switch
from non-retard to retard mode, I could use a Hobbs pressure switch so when
my turbo kicks in, it activates the delay timer. Then use a potentiometer
to adjust the amount of delay.

Sounds simply but is it possible?

James Seabolt
Tennessee, United States
Homepage --->>> http://users.chartertn.net/jseabolt/

2003 Subaru Baja
1980 FIAT 2000 "turbo" Spider
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (Not a Ford Galaxie!!)
1987 Yugo GV 1500cc also turbocharged
1979 Brava four door, 5 speed
1980 Brava four door, automatic, power steering