[Diy_efi] two part ect sensor Q

Michael Kaczmar abbynrml94
Wed Mar 15 17:08:25 UTC 2006

I looked for those part numbers, and 25036898 only referenced to a 1997
LS1, Corvette. I pulled the info for that one, and it uses a 5v
reference voltage, and is the same as the one I already have. I will
look some more, but can't find any info on the ones you mentioned. I
looked for both of the PNs you referenced on GMpartsdirect.com, both of
them are not valid.
>Message: 8
>Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:15:44 +0100
>From: Torbj?rn Forsman <torbjorn.forsman at gengas.nu>
.Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] two part ect sensor Q
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org

1) At least on european GM cars, the sensor for the coolant temp gauge
is a NTC thermistor of about 500-1000 ohms at +25 ?C. Usually, the
gauge
is a bimetal type which is supplied by stabilized +10 V.
It is simple to figure out the characteristic of the gauge by
connecting
various fixed resistors instead of the sensor and watch the reading.
The
sensor is simply connected in series with the heating resistor for the
bimetal element. If you can remove the gauge block and measure the
resistance of the heating resistor, then the sensor should probably
have
about the same resistance when the gauge reads mid-range.

2) If you need an ECT sensor with M12 x 1,5 thread for a GM injection
system, then you can use either a Bosch 0 280 130 026 (very common on
cars from the 80's with Bosch injection systems) or a GM 25036898 or
25037062. The GM sensors are normally marked with just the four last
digits. Although the caracteristic is not exactly the same for the
Bosch
sensor, the difference is nothing to bother about in practice.

Best regards

Michael Kaczmar
Creator 77/94/95/96 Caprice a.k.a. Frankenstein new engine combo in the works
1993 GMC Sierra w/ Gen-III 4.8L V8
53 F-100 5.0/T5, Mustang II, T-bird IRS.....
see http://www.geocities.com/abbynrml94 for project pics!!