[Diy_efi] 16191947 ECM

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus
Wed Mar 22 22:32:08 UTC 2006

Your analysis is right on the money.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Tom Visel
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:48 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] 16191947 ECM

There is no "request" line you can ground at the ALDL to tell the
computer that you want it to blink the codes on the check engine lamp.
You must use a scan tool.  It's strange because it's "adolescent" - not
quite the capability of the OBD-II stuff, but not as simple as the older
stuff.

It's not you.  It's the engineers and bean counters at GM.  They get
kickbacks from the Hair Club for Men, so they developed a strategy to
make us scratch our heads more often.
TomV

Gary wrote:

> Maybe it is me, but I don't understand
>
>> This is one strange ECM for 1994.
>

> The the '94 and up LT1 equipped GM 'F', 'Y', and 'B' body vehicle
> (P)CMs could not have SES codes read by connecting any terminals
> within the ALDL connector.
>
> GAS
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <don.broadus at exeloncorp.com>

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corporation
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject
to copyright belonging to the Exelon Corporation family of Companies.
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments
to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout. Thank You.