v6 vs v8 slightly off topic was Re: [Diy_efi] engine convresion

Jason M. galaxiecustom500
Mon Nov 20 03:39:24 UTC 2006

Oddly enough my friend has since sold my old 87 and now has a 98 z28, "5"
speed 3.73:1 posi.  It gets similiar mileage.  Think he usually sees
33-34mpg highway.  2nd gear doesn't exsist in his transmission anymore,
don't know if a shift fork broke or the gears just broke.

He has a LS6 engine with a new set of lingenfelter heads and an intake that
still need to be put on.  He's planning to buy a new T-56 and put the LS6 in
there.

The 4th gen f-body is heavier then the 3rd gen.  Couple of websites list the
98 z28 as 3460lbs (correct, who knows?)  my '87 weighed 3010lbs with me in
it, so 2830 lbs.  Was weighed when I went to buy metal for a body stand for
one of my caprices.

Little bit of on topic, that caprice is a 1985, still working on it.  Hoping
to finish the body work next summer, and the rear suspension.  It is now set
up for a 425/472/500 cadillac and 700r4.  I have a '76 500 for it.  Will be
carbureted at first but I plan to go with port injection.  Not sure about
what ECU system I want to use yet.  megasquirt would be cheap.  Performance
electronics is supposed to have a new ecu coming out next year that could
run port injection and 4 dual terminal coil packs.  (they are 18 months
behind the original release date).  Possibly use a GM unit.