[Diy_efi] Early Mitsubishi EFI tuning

Ben P benof1987
Sun Oct 8 10:14:58 UTC 2006

Ok another question about tuning an old manufacturers computer...

The first of the fuel injection systems on the Mitsubishi Magna's were
attached to the FWD version of the ASTRON II engine, and I also believe that
they had that awful Karman-Vortex air-flow meter with a frequency output
instead of a voltage.

The first series of questions are:

Can these computers be remapped? And if they can, how is it done?

I have heard of various early computers using the EPROM chips, would they
use this? And if they do, does anyone possess a program that can convert the
file from the eprom dump into a magageable form (such as the TunerCat for GM
computers)?

And the last question is simple, has anyone heard of an interceptor being
successfully used on this computer?

the reason behind asking all of this: A friend is building an early RWD
Lancer, with a turbocharged 2.6L Astron engine, and has an injected magna
that he is putting the turbo kit on first, just to make sure everything
runs.

thanks
Ben

Thousands of jobs, millions of opportunities at seek.com.au