[Diy_efi] EEC-V Tuning

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Thu Oct 12 20:43:34 UTC 2006

As far as i know, all Ford MAP sensors output a square wave whose
frequency is a function of the absolute pressure. All of them, the
stand-alone MAP sensors used with EEC-V and most EEC-IV, as well as the
sensors integrated in ESC-II ECUs, seem to have roughly the same
transfer function.
It is easily measured with an oscilloscope or frequency counter. Of
course, a computer with a sound card and suitable software (for example,
Cool Edit), can also be used for measuring the output frequency.

Most other EFI manufacturers use, however, MAP sensors with a DC output.
   This is true for GM and a lot of japanese and european systems. But
beware, some of them outputs an increasing voltage with increasing
absolute pressure, while others give a decreasing voltage.

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman