[Diy_efi] Is E85 worth it?

AirHawk airhawk
Wed Sep 6 18:03:08 UTC 2006

> No surprise we arent seeing more fuel-cell powered cars out there -
> although I'd be really interested to see what becomes of the prototype
> diesel powered (not hydrogen) fuel cell I saw a few years back - I
> firmly believe hydrogen powered cars will never make it because
> hydrogen
> is just too damn dangerous.

Personally, *I* believe that hydrogen-powered vehicles will never make
it, NOT because of the danger (really not any more-so than gasoline) -
but because Hydrogen is just too damn hard to produce cheaply, and
contain and handle easily. (I won't even go into the "energy-in, energy-
out argument)

You buy a tank of hydrogen, you think you're gonna have it for a good
long while? Not likely. It "finds ways" out of its containers. "I will
not be restrained!"  ;^D

-Scott C.