[Diy_efi] Is E85 worth it?

AirHawk airhawk
Wed Sep 6 19:18:43 UTC 2006

> I dont know about the USA but over here hydrogen is transported in
> individual cylinders, in a _very_ solid steel frame, and the
> transporters arent even allowed to park in a warehouse, much less
> decant the stuff in them, for fear of the consequences.
>
> No, hydrogen isnt a viable fuel unless you're a spaceman.
>
> Just MHO.

It's transported on trucks that resemble a "bundle of pipes". I always
assumed because of extreme high-pressure/extreme low-temperatures (in the
case of liquified gas). A single pressure-vessel storing it would have to
be so prohibitively thick-walled, that the GVWR would be above the max-
allowed on US highways (80,000lb for 18-wheeled tractor-trailers, I
*think* it's 65,000 for 3 or 4-axle trucks). Several small-diameter
vessels can have proportionally-thinner walls (but very thick,
nonetheless).

I have no knowledge of any laws prohibiting parking in enclosed areas.
Not to say they're not in place, I just don't know anything about them.

-Scott