[Diy_efi] WIN 98 USB

Ian Molton spyro
Tue Sep 26 13:43:11 UTC 2006

Geoff Harrison wrote:

> Intel chipset boards don't appear to have the same issue.
> IIRC, the problem was with USB ver1. USB ver1.1 was more
> "univerversal"

Ok thats more in line with what I found. Early SiS and VIA USB 1.0 gear
was nasty stuff.

I've got a nasty right now with my via ME6000 board - the USB ports seem
to have gone 'soft', delivering less than their rated 500mA which
occasionally causes the DSP in my speedtouch USB to lock up. the device
otherwise works, just cant sync the DSL line.

plugging in a powered hub helps immensely.