[Diy_efi] 928/749

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Tue Aug 21 02:22:29 UTC 2007

Well,  a new coil helped some but didn't cure the problem.  It will
start and run now but is still dropping spark intermittently in a couple
of cylinders.  The pulses from the ignition module to fire the coil are
nice and steady,  don't miss a beat.  Using the timing light on a couple
of the plug wires shows erratic firing. It's starting to look like
something in the distributor now,  but I can't imagine what.  The rotor
and cap look find and check out OK with an ohmmeter.

I was thinking about changing to a different ignition controller,  maybe
something like a MSD 6.  Multiple sparks might be of some benefit,  but
the MSD really won't give me a stronger spark than using the GM 7 pin
module,  will it?  The spark is generated by the coil,  not the module,
so I'll get the same voltage won't I?

Bill
Still not sparking on all 8