[Diy_efi] GM Fuel Pump / Tank Options

sc7500 sc7500
Tue Aug 28 05:09:23 UTC 2007

Anyone have a resource for various DIA's and bends of fuel filler hose?

> You can buy polyethylene tubes from McMaster
> (what the gas tank is made from) It's a thermo plastic
> so you should be able to heat it to bend it but it
> might be hard to keep it from closing off on a tight
> bend.

An old timey trick that has never failed me is to fill plastic tubing
with clean sand BEFORE heating and bending ~ it doesn't collapse.

BTW, this also works for making thin wall exhaust tubing bends with
those cheap Harbor Freight "pipe benders"...

SC