[Diy_efi] GM Fuel Pump / Tank Options

sc7500 sc7500
Wed Aug 29 07:15:39 UTC 2007

> I kind of like the idea of bending plastic pipe with sand in it.  If for no other reason than trying it to
> see how it works.

ACHTUNG !!

My email got geeked this AM, but I was able to read a Critical Addendum
to my post [sorry, I didn't get the writer's name, but thank you for the
save !] and I concur.

The sand used as filler MUST be DRY DRY DRY before heating it inside a
closed tube for bending; I apologize if my note omitted that info ~ a
good chunk of data didn't get into the message hanks to my ISP's email
dump last night.

I like a big KABOOM as well as the next DIY'er, but not at the expense
of someone's life or limbs ~ be safe and completely dry the sand in an
oven [if it's clean, it won't smell up the house and irk the spouse...]
before use. Yes, you'll need to cap the ends of pipe before bending ~ I
like to use rubber expansion plugs, as they hold well, and are easily
removed.

Good Luck and happy bending !

--
SC