[Diy_efi] Project/temperature ranges

Bill Lewis bill
Tue Feb 27 16:17:11 UTC 2007

gassr wrote:
> I agree.
> Why would GM find it necessary to use the 'automotive' range in their
> ECM/PCMs? Asking about using 'automotive' range in automotive
> applications may sound silly, but it appears to be a question of using
> components with suspect (at least min.) parameters or going the
> distance on both ends, as even the 85?C range could be considered
> questionable for underhood temps.
>
> Gary

FWIW,

Freescale describes parts as belonging to a particular application/
qualification tier.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/aqtlink.jsp

See pages 8-9 in:

http://www.freescale.com/files/abstract/misc/CPA_QA_HANDBOOK.pdf

They offer three temperature ranges considered Automotive tier,
all with -40C low end, and different high ends.

?40?C to 85?C
?40?C to 105?C
?40?C to 125?C

These app notes are also useful: