[Diy_efi] Warm Start Problem

Bill Washington bill.washington
Fri Jul 13 00:59:19 UTC 2007

Mike,
    To me this sounds reminiscent of a heat soak/fuel vaporisation problem.
I would look at fuel distribution manifold temp, and also your low and
high pressure pumps - if your high volume/low pressure pump (often in
tank) has died the high pressure pump may not be able to supply enough
fuel flow to clear a vapour lock in the manifold.
I had a problem where the engine would cut out on a hot day on the
highway if the fuel tank was below 1/3 full - in the city, no problems,
more fuel in the tank, no problems - the entire commutator on the low
pressure pump had worn away! - I replaced the pump, problem solved!

Good luck
Bill