[Diy_efi] water injection

ian spyro
Fri Sep 28 09:18:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 23:07 -0700, Adam Wade wrote:
> It is
> merely a question of whether or not the rate of pressure rise is high
> enough to cause, in someone's judgment, objectionable noise or
> excessive vibration in the engine's structure."

Thats a non-statement if ever I saw one...

I think people were talking about knock meaning 'detonation' where the
fuel explodes, rather than burns.

theres a very big difference between explosive and rapid combustion,
even if the latter happens to be quite noisy. One will make a lot of
noise and the other can seperate the head from the block. In pieces.

As to wether I'll get more power...

If theres more air in there I can put more fuel in. Thats got to help.

Also this engine spends quite a bit of its life with my foot on the
floor. Its small enough that when accelerating to 30-40MPH the pedal is
on the floor for all but gear changes and (unless I want the attention
of PC plod) the first few MPH of 1st gear. Once the WI is up and running
it should be a case of 'undo the max throttle screw a bit' and away we
go :-)