[Diy_efi] Megasquirt

Fred Cooke fred.cooke
Sat Feb 19 20:04:30 UTC 2011

WHOA, wait a second... VEMS is NOT open source, you need to sign an NDA to
get the source. VEMS started life as a rip off of megasquirt, recoding the
assembly code into C for the AVR (MegasquirtAVR), it was cleanly written and
marked as "free" but because it was a stolen design the only thing free
about it was that it wasnt on US soil... (couldnt be sued). Soon after that
others got involved and it became very much non-free, if you can provide a
current download link to the source, with appropriate licenses, I will bend
over and kiss your arse ;-) I'm not a fan of arse, though, so I must be
pretty damn sure that you're wrong to make that statement.

If you want something Free and Open Source (FOSS) have a google, there are
several projects, mine included.

Fred.