[Diy_efi] forum and calculating sequential injection time

Jay Rabe jayrabe
Tue May 17 18:20:36 UTC 2011

I have heard people refer to the forum quite a bit but never found anything
but archives of this email list.  Is that what people are referring to as
the forums?

I know theres issues with the mailing list but figured its worth a shot to
ask about sequential timing.  If anyone cant get through the diy list my
email is jayrabe at gmail.com

I am trying to figure out how to calculate sequential injector end time.  I
have searched for hours and havent found much helpful besides
http://www.oocities.org/fwarner_au/mc_things/efiithoughts.html which i
believe was/is someone on here.  I started a topic on this at
efi101<http://efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45567#45567>but i
havent really gotten anywhere there.  I know on the dyno with a 5 gas
analyzer is the correct way to do it but i dont have the $ for dyno time.  I
need to get through emissions (adding a cat too for the tailpipe tests)

My standalone has a
visualizer/gui<http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff267/rabemotorsports/sequential7A.jpg>which
is kinda cool but doesnt help calculate injector timing.  I tuned the
-60 row with a gunson CO meter in the tailpipe (no cat currently) and got
the sequential timing close from idle up to 3krpm.

Im thinking of making an excel based calculator to help figure out
sequential timing (at least ballpark) but i cant find the calculations
needed.  the above oocities link is missing intake pressure/vacuum as well
as injector distance from the valve.  Can anyone on here point me to
calculations, a book on this, or anything else helpful to figure out
sequential injection timing?

Thanks in advance.

Jay