[Efi332] Question regarding PMMX

Paul Helmuth PaulHelmuth
Sun Jun 12 06:49:12 UTC 2005

I found the problem.

While the documentation that I have for the PMMX function indicates a HSRR value of b01 for a CAM Sync request, the micro-code for the PMMX function (doc and code from the FTP archive) actually recognizes b10 as a CAM sync request.

This little tid bit should be helpful to anyone writing their own source.

Also, it would be a good idea to add a note reflecting this change in the TPU function doc (though I don't know who would do that).

-Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Helmuth
  To: efi332 at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:12 PM
  Subject: [Efi332] Question regarding PMMX

  All,

  Are there any particular "procedural requirements" for sending a CAM Synch request (HSRR = 1) to the PMMX function? (like disabling all linked channels, etc.)

  The reason that I ask is because I am testing my CAM Synch logic, and when I set the associated HSRR bits to b01, everything on the TPU stops. The only requirement that I can find in the documentation that I have is that the CAM Synch request should be made when PMMX is in the synchronized state (which it is at the point that I am making the request).

  Any ideas?

  -Paul