[Efi332] Where can I find info about 4 layer board

Darrin Garrett mrgrimes1
Tue Apr 18 02:12:08 UTC 2006

  Thanks for the intro.

  I, like many of you, wrote drive train control software for over 12 years starting in 1988 for a little company call Airsensors, Inc.  That company was purchased by another and so on, then starting around 1996 we were building our own 332 based controller for use in the Heavy Duty/Industrial automotive market.  Two years later we gave up on rolling our own and worked a deal with Delphi, through our vendor for GM relationship, to purchase the 1997 vette/truck ECU, the GMWPX 68332 controller.  It was flashed only with a minimal boot loader which we used to load our out boot loader in ram and then re-flashed it with our code.  Our RTOS was of our own making using a 2ms interrupt to schedule other 4, 8, 16, 32, and 128ms interrupts that the application code used to do work in, like interface the QSPI or other peripheral devices.  It was written in C++ and we used this language?s conventions to abstract out each physical device into a BSP that allowed application layer
 scheduled interrupts, when fired, to run till complete all the while accessing the desired peripheral device through its C++ defined interface.  We were calculating speed density A/F, spark dwell and advance parameters in crank angle domain from TPU inputs, for TFD outputs, drive by wire throttle control, jerk and knock detection every 4ms.  The TFD was another onboard peripheral asic that had a simple mask made up of logic devices whose output was used to trigger injector firing and coil charging and firing. Its input was registers, similar to a TPU that the application code would write to via the BSP device interface.

  Any way, I still have my SDS compiler, and PandE BDM software, and a whole bunch of C/C++ source code for the 332.  I also have some accurate speed density code as well as many PID algorithms.  The speed density code needed to have the temperature of the air at the intake valve, when air flow was above sonic at the throttle body, calibrated accurately before in was dead on.  When sonic air flow at the throttle body was seen, a different approach was used.

  So why did I come calling to you message board?  Well, all aftermarket fuel Injection systems, including the HC12 based one mentioned quite often in this board, are limited in their control accuracy.  Once you go TPU, you will never go back!

  If any one reads this post and has any hardware you are willing to sell, please email me.

  Darrin