GMECM Chill Pills

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Apr 2 23:48:19 GMT 1999

Greetings,

I'm going to toss a nickel into the pot... so ignore me if
you like <smile>.

For most people joining this list that have projects going
of some sort, come here to leach.  I did, and still am.  I
know others are, and that's okay.  There is nothing wrong
with that.  As I gain a more thorough understanding of EFI
systems I absolutely will be in a position to contribute
more and more, thus feeding the cycle of knowledge, which is
the purpose of these lists in the first place.  I consider
these lists a "roundtable" minus the beer and peanuts.

On this list, and others, there always is what I would call
a "core group"... the guys/gals that have a lot of
knowledge, information, ideas, or whatever, and its natural
for those of us "coming up the ranks" so to speak to be
drawn to the members of the "core".  Why?  Its the wise man
on the mountain theory.  In this case, Bruce is obviously
one of the "core members".  I value his opinion greatly,
even though a lot of the stuff he says is outright over my
head.  But that's my issue, not his.  In time, I'll get it,
I always do.

About "search the archive" response that people have
complained of... I would say its fair to suggest that people
do this before asking for a brain dump.  A lot of things
have been covered in just about every context, however I
will say that the DIYEFI search engine is not exactly the
greatest.  Most of the time it works, occasionally it does
not.  Also, not everyone knows what to search for.  When I
signed up 2 years or so ago, I did a search for "ECM" and
got zillions of hits.  Am I going to read 500 messages?
Yeah, probably, but that's me.  When I searched for "+Turbo
+efi" I got no hits.  Does that mean my questions wouldn't
have been answered in the archives?  Maybe, maybe not.

However, when the question is presented in the forum, and we
don't want to reiterate stuff that has been covered 4000
times, I can appreciate that.  Maybe just saying "Search the
DIYEFI archives for" and name a few specific keywords that
we remember being in the subject lines.  "Programming 101"
is a good one, for it results in a lot of very informative
hits.

Anyway, that's the idea of what I'm trying to say.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)