Eprom Emulation

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 7 13:48:05 GMT 1999

At 06:11 AM 4/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I think this would work!  I have an 8052 Board that i built quite some
>time ago.  Its got 8K or ram and 16K eeprom.  Would you want to use an
>embedded processor?  It seems to me that would work the best.  And it
>doesn't have to be hard, either.
>
>My board actually has the 8052AH-BASIC chip, which has onboard basic.
>It works really well!  And not expensive, either.  All parts can be had
>for prolly less than $50.  Except for the eeproms, depending on how
>large they are.  But SRAM would be a much faster update..  But i we
>only update one byte ata time, eeprom would be fine, too.

That would be great... the more "intelligent" we make the emulator, the
simpler and dumber the software on the laptop/pc can be...
The other idea for software is there are several people working on chip
editors... when we decide on what to use for an emulator, they may be able
to include the software into their editor package, allowing the software to
update only the changed bytes.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.