Car dieing additinal info.

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Aug 11 15:29:08 GMT 1999

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Ward wrote:

> Sure sounds like a TCC problem, The clutch is constructed like an odl style
> manual xmish clutch so it sure woud cause a stall if locke or draging, if
> this is the case the MAP values should be higher than normal, indicating a
> high load.
>
> Sure points out the value of the scan data over subjective observations.
>
> Ward

I think the MAP values are higher, I seem to remember them being 17-18
and they are running more like 20-21 at idle, and the fuel is way up,
ie before the fuel was 1.8-2.1 ms at idle it is running more like
2.8-3.0 at idle now with no obvious gas smell.

Now the real question is, is the torque convertor clutch dead, or the
solenoid driving it, or are the fluid passages somehow clogged.

				Roger