FTP Server Temporarily Down (NC)

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 17 22:01:36 GMT 1999

At 03:15 PM 8/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Ever since the wife left, I've been usin the kitchen table as a parts
>counter as well...
>
>I DID use a HEAVY duty cardboard box for a table cloth however...
>
>Current;y have the 727 trans laid all out on that table...
>
>Sure was easy takin it apart, now all I need is a book to tell me how to
>put the thing back together... have all but the front band (Hopefully
>will find a front kevlar lined band for the front!!)
>
>The trans fluid doesn't smell up the house as I thought it might...  It
>must have evaporated or somethin.... It's been laid out for about a
>month now...

Make sure you get dial guages etc for checking clearances and end play when
you assemble it... I made the mistake of ASSuming that putting all the
washers etc back in their original locations would keep the clearances
proper...  That trans lasted less than 1000 miles and cost 2000 to get
fixed...  Ate the case from some clearances that were off allowing the
shafts and bushings/bearings to walk around...
            David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
    Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!