Twin turbine TBI pump (was Suction through a unpowered Tank Pump.)

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Wed Aug 18 03:29:09 GMT 1999

>> >I'm trying to figure out if this is a multi-motored/shafted, execusion,
of
>> >have a twin turbine pump, I've never seen such an animal.  On one of the
gm
>> >they used to little turbines blowing against each other but it didn't
look
>> >like anything trick
>> >Bruce
>> >

>> Nope, the 12-903 is kinda like an oil pump in a SBC.  Nothing fancy.
Single
>> motor, single input shaft, one gerotor eccentric pumping cell.   I'm not
>> familiar with the twin turbine pumps you reference.
>>
>> Take care of yourself, and all the best!
>>
>> Walt.

>SBC oil pump is a gear type.  I've seen gerotors in Ford cars.
>Shannen

Correct.  When I said "kinda" like a SBC oil pump I was trying to convey the
mental picture of gear teeth meshing in order to convey fluid.  My thought
was that this would differentiate the concept from other alternative pumps
relying upon roller elements, turbines, and eccentric slung vanes.....

The "Gerotor" is indeed an alternative type of gear pump.  Take the same SBC
oil pump, turn one of the gears inside-out, enlargen it, slip it over the
other gear, and voila  you have an eccentric gerotor cell.

Bye the way, they are quiet.

Walt.