EPROM Removal

Eric Clark eclark at hoser.com
Sun Aug 22 00:03:54 GMT 1999

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Shannen Durphey wrote:

> You were pretty determined to get that bugger out.  If you look
> through the DIY_EFI archives there should be information on a
> connector that can be modified for reading the eprom without removal

It really wasnt all that hard, I didnt destroy the eprom, and it read just
fine.  But I might have trouble getting it back together. I went through
the archives for both gmecm and diy_efi, and found the connector you're
talking about, but the solution was not very good in my opinion.  There
would be no way for me to erase the eprom because mine must be closed to
activate it.

I will probably just fix my memcal and install a zif socket on it.

-Eric