TPS failures - better designs?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 2 02:25:46 GMT 1999

I don't see how a hall effect device could be used as a TPS.  It senses the
presence or absence of a magnetic field...  If it was to count pulses as
the throttle shaft was rotated to determine position, that may work, until
someone started the vehicle with their foot on the accelerator so it
thought it was at zero when it was at 50%...

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!