Still have some problems - ahy ideas?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Dec 8 15:39:07 GMT 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Mike Rolica wrote:

> 	Hear any lifter noise?  Lifters may be collapsed when cold, too
> thick of oil changing duration, and lift.  Would make higher vacume until
> they all pump up.  Are they hydraulic? If so whatkinda preload do you have
> on them?.. should be ¾-1 turn after pushrod play is eliminated.
>
> Mike Rolica
> Meridian Magnesium Products
> Strathroy, Ont
> Ext. 260

It sounds like it has a bigger cam when it is cold, so there could be
some lifter noise in there.   THey are hydralic roller lifters.  The
preload is about 1 turn or so.

The map pressure is reading 19-20, so the vacuum is more like 10 and
when things get better the map reads about 15 so the vacuum is more
like 15.   So something is causing me to have more air flow (IAC is
wide open), but less vacuum, and whatever it is goes away.

The car may have 10w30 in it, which may be too thick for these temps.
I will try changing the oil and see if that makes any difference.

				Roger