7747 spd limit first, trip timers next?

Tyler Townsley ttownsley at sprynet.com
Wed Dec 8 23:45:16 GMT 1999

In the same junkyard you are finding computers cheap you might just
locate a sensor for $5.  Many here have abs or have a ride that a front
wheel assembly with abs that could be pirated from a junkyard.  From
what I have seen you have done far more work than this to try something
and have provided all with the guidance that has saved us time and money
when you encounter problems, that's why we are all here.  When I looked
at the ckt I found the pulse is very low and could not be sensed  (250
mv pulse I think) directly on a computer line and I do not have
expertise to make it useful but it is obvious many on this list do and
are willing to help guide guys like me.  There is a lot of things that
can be done with this count from all 4 wheels.  Some of the onboard
navigation systems use the difference in front wheel rotation to provide
location readouts, just think you could use it to draw a race track on
with tq, hp, rpm and gear selection to find the quickest way through a
corner or the best fuel profile for a particular environment.  Marry
that with what is going on in the ecm and you might have a poor mans
NASCAR/F1 data recording/analysis system.

Tyler Townsley