Crossfire/747

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Dec 10 02:06:16 GMT 1999

Kevin Reynolds wrote:

> Those of you running crossfire injection; What have you done to the actual mechanics of the system? Larger TBIs? Spacers? Matched injectors?What size injectors? External regulator? Extrude Honing? What actual benefits have you seen from them?
Swapped carby to crossfire, big improvement.  Swapped to 350 pickup
injectors, more improvements, especially idle.  Swapped crossfire ecm
to 7747, idles like any TBI vehicle should.  No more annoying cold
skip.  The regulator is a factory unit with an adjustment screw that
was never welded, and I'm at 12 psi.  I'm using it on a 302 with a
mild cam and headers, 3.90 gears, in a 57 Chevy pickup.

> Checked with my dealer today. Calpac 8$ (shows same part # for all V8 trucks in 747 years)
454 is a different part no.
Shannen
 and around 50$ for a prom depending on application(with any luck I
can find the right boneyard ECM and not have to buy either).
 Several yards have 747s available, so in the next few weeks I should
be on my way to getting this thing running right.